Happy Saturday everyone, its Lyn here! My husband and I are going on a pretty neat trip and I am excited to share some of the things that I am packing to bring with me! Our first stop is Las Vegas and then we will be flying to Butte, Montana. I have never been before so I am pretty excited to visit a new place and I love being able to cross another state off of my list!
one. cold shoulder top ( / two. strappy cami / three. lush top / four. tie front button down (on sale) / five. ankle jeggings (on sale) / six. free people oxford mini / seven. free people victorian mini /
1. I picked this up during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and I haven’t had an opportunity to wear it but I think that it would be perfect for going out to dinner in Vegas. I love that you get to show a little shoulder but it is still classy and the ruffle detail is super cute.
2. As soon as I saw this cami I knew that I needed it for Vegas. I am definitely going to pair it with some distressed denim (I have been living these from AE lately) and a cute pair of heels. I definitely have to make sure I pack my sticky bra! I currently have this one but I’m sure that there are plenty more affordable options out there.
3. I ordered a couple of these during the NSale and I wish I had gotten a few more! They are so comfortable and very flattering. I will definitely pack them to wear on the plane. Even without the sale they are super affordable so I highly recommend!
4. I saw my favorite fashion blogger wearing this shirt and immediately ordered it. It’s very lightweight and comfy! It will pair perfectly with a pair of distressed jeans! Express runs a lot of sales and promotions on their site so you may be able to pick this shirt up for even less!
5. I ordered these jeans a couple of weeks ago and I am in love. The short length fits me right at the ankles which is so unusual because I have super short legs. Usually jeans are way too long on me so I get very excited when I find a pair that works. The material is very soft and has just the right amount of stretch. I am also really loving the distressing, especially at the hem; very on trend right now! I feel like these would be cute with a pair of booties or even sandals. Also, don’t let the price tag fool you! Express is always running specials on denim so go check out their site!
6. I’ve been checking out the weather in Butte, Montana and it definitely seems like it gets a little colder at night. When I saw this dress I thought it would be perfect to bring with me. I love the fall vibes and I can definitely see myself wearing this over the next few months as it gets cooler in New England.
7. Obviously, I am totally loving the embroidered trend right now so I also bought this dress from Free People. I am planning to bring both dresses with me and if it ends up being warmer I can wear this short sleeved one! It also comes in a few other colors and is very comfortable to wear. I found a very similar version here that is only $55 if you are looking to save a little money!
1. I had been eyeing up the Steve Madden Stecy sandal which is a similar style. However when I tried it on in the store, the strap was super tight across my toes (Has anyone else had this problem with these shoes?? I even tried a half size bigger than usual and I could not get my foot into it.) and I was worried that the higher heel would be uncomfortable to stand in for longer periods of time. After going back and forth for awhile I finally settled on the Patti. They actually came in the mail today and I am very happy with them. They are very feminine and classic looking. My normal size 5.5 fits perfectly and I walked around the house a bit in them and they seem reasonably comfortable for heels. Perfect for roaming around a casino!
2. I have been in the market for a cute pair of flat booties so when my fav fashion blogger posted about these, I went ahead and ordered them. They are definitely an investment piece but they are so versatile that I think I will get tons of wear out of them.
3. Since I’m sure we will be spending some time by the pool, I absolutely have to have my favorite sunglasses with me. I picked these up a few months ago and I have been obsessed ever since. These feel like very high end sunglasses but with a much more affordable price tag. The black fade to clear color is no longer available at Nordstrom but they still have a few other colors in stock and I am thinking of picking up another one for myself!
5&6. I have totally jumped on the tassel earring bandwagon. I resisted for a bit because I don’t usually wear dangly earrings. I rarely change out of my diamond studs because they are so classic and go with everything. But after seeing so many adorable tassel styles, I finally gave in. If you haven’t checked out The Styled Collection site, definitely go do it! They have a ton of cute, on trend stuff that is pretty similar to BaubleBar but more affordable. They also have a cool rewards program and always seem to be running some kind of sale. AND they have free shipping on every order which you know I love! This has definitely been my go to place for jewelry lately.
1. I love the formula of Ofra’s liquid lipstick (Nude Potion is my go to nude) and after seeing KathleenLights wearing this color, I knew I needed it in my life. Mel and I have both decided that we want to try out more bold lips and Vegas seems like a good place to rock this beautiful red.
2. Mel and I have also been trying to expand our skills to include cream contour. I have seen Jaclyn Hill use this product and she makes it look so easy to contour with so I decided to give it a shot. You can also buy a trio that includes the Bronze, Contour and Highlight pencil but I opted just for the Bronze since the contour shade looks a little too dark for me. I also love that it is a simply pencil so again very easy to travel with and will not take up too much room in my makeup bag. If you do order this, just remember that it comes with a sharpener. I forgot so when I opened it I threw the box away after taking out the pencil. Then, while writing this post, I remembered about the sharpener and had to dig through the trash to find it. What can I say, I’m committed to my makeup.
3. I picked this up at Sephora and I am excited to bring it with me. I thought the idea of having a solid cleansing stick was pretty neat. I hate when stuff leaks in my bag so this solves that problem. The reviews on Sephora were also pretty positive so I decided to grab it. I can’t wait to try it out so stay tuned for a review on this!
4. I haven’t really been wearing false lashes a ton lately because I kept feeling like they looked too over the top and unnatural on me. I was excited when I saw Rachhloves talk about these in a video because they looked like they would be really easy to wear since they are only half lashes. I have heard good things about Huda Beauty lashes in general too so I can’t wait to try them out. Also, I figure even if they still look over the top, I can get away with it in Vegas!
5. Mel is a huge fan of the Baked Browns palette from Dose of Colors so I am very excited to try this palette out. The color are right up my alley and I love that it is a very sleek palette so perfect for travelling. I’m also really excited that the eyeshadows from the DesixKaty collab with Dose of Colors that I ordered are being delivered in time for me to bring them on my trip! I think that the two paired together will give me all of the looks that I will need. I also love that they are both small and will fit in my makeup bag. I am always nervous to travel with my larger palettes because I am worried about them breaking.
6. Kathleen Lights always raves about these wipes so I figured I would give them a try for my trip. I love traveling with makeup wipes because I don’t have to worry about a cleanser leaking or spilling in my bag. And makeup wipes are such a quick and easy way to remove your makeup, especially when you are tired for traveling or going out. These are definitely on the pricey side, coming in at over $1 per wipe but I had a gift card to Sephora so why not? I like that they come in a smaller package so it takes up less space in a suitcase. If you are looking for a more budget friendly option, I would recommend the Simple Micellar Water wipes. They are my usual go-to and I love that you can get them at CVS or Target.
Of course I am bringing more stuff than this, but I wanted to highlight some of the newer things that I have purchased for this trip that I am excited about trying out, so here are some “honorable mentions” that will also be tagging along with me on this trip.
~ I will of course bring my Nike Free RN sneakers my go to walking shoes.
~ My lululemon leggings that I wear almost every day.
~ I will also bring along my normal skincare routine which of course includes the Sunday RIley Luna Sleeping Oil and Good Genes. I have a small bottle of Luna that I received in the Sunday School Set so I refill that from my full size when I travel. For the Good Genes, my plan is to pump some product into a spare contact lens case and bring it with me that way. Hopefully that works out!
Thank you so much for supporting our blog! I hope you found some inspiration for what to pack on your next adventure!