Ahhh Fall. Time for hay rides, fall foliage and sweaters! While I do love summer, there is a very small part of me that gets excited for sweater and boot season. Here are a few of the things that I have been eyeing up as the weather gets cooler.
one. free people cardigan / two. pintucked cami (on sale) / three. strappy cami ( on sale) / four. tie sleeve sweater / five. lightweight cardigan / six. bell sleeve jacket / seven. high rise jeans / eight. plaid shirt / nine. shirttail sweater / ten. thermal top/
1. I have been seeing the Free People Saturday Morning Cardigan all over Instagram and at first I was hesitant because it has an oversized look to it that sometimes is overwhelming on my short body. However, I saw someone describe it as like wearing a blanket so I am definitely sold! It comes in a couple of other colors but the pink/blush color is totally calling my name. It seems to be a popular choice because the XS/S is sold out at a lot of stores in this color. I did manage to find it at Macys, at least it is in stock while I am writing this. If this is on your list too, I would keep checking at different retailers because it seems to keep randomly popping up.
2. Tis the season for cardigan sweaters which means that it is also tis the season for cute layering camis to go underneath. This one from Ann Taylor Loft looks super flattering, especially around the mid-section, and is on super sale right now. I’m actually not sure why this is still on my wish list and hasn’t been purchased yet.
3. I have also been eyeing up this cami from Express. I love the crisscross detail on the chest and I think this would look really cute under a cardigan or even a leather moto jacket for an edgier, more dress up look.
4. I have been loving the statement sleeves during spring/summer so I am excited that this trend seems to be carrying over into Fall. I really love the Rust color in this sweater. I think it would be perfect with some distressed jeans and booties. This sweater also comes in petites which is awesome for shorter people (like myself) who want to make sure that the sleeves are not too long. I am hoping that Express runs a good sale on this soon!
5. More statement sleeve, this time in a lightweight cardigan that comes in pink? Yes, please. I love lightweight cardigans for early Fall because here in New England, it is pretty cold in the morning but by the afternoon it can get pretty warm, especially in the sun. It is nice to have lightweight layers to be able to take on or off as the temperature changes. I love the details on the sleeves and the light pink color is my favorite. I am hoping that Nordstrom restocks this color in all size soon!
6. More statement sleeves! I love the bell sleeves on this jacket. I also like that it is more of a ¾ sleeve since the weather is still on the warmer side. This jacket is also super versatile. It can be dressed up or down depending on what you pair with it.
7. I haven’t shopped too much at Abercrombie since college but lately I have been really liking their selection of denim. They have also been running some great sales so that makes it even better. I love the step hem trend but with my super short legs it can be hard to find a pair that works for me and isn’t too long. Abercrombie offers a short length in pretty much all styles so they work perfectly for me. They also conveniently list the inseams for each style so it makes online shopping easier.
8. I have been on the hunt for the perfect plaid shirt that is comfy and oversized so I can wear it with leggings and my red Hunter rainboots. This one definitely seems to meet all of my requirements and the reviews are really good. I will probably size up to a Large so that it covers my butt. I am just holding out for a good sale!
9. I love the look of this sweater. It has cute details on the sleeve but is still very classic. And of course it comes in the color pink which I love.
10. Last season’s version of this top was all over my Instagram feed and I have a feeling this season’s will be just as popular. I am obsessed with the thumbholes and I love thermals for the colder weather. I was able to snag last season’s on sale so I am hoping to be able to do the same this year!
1. I love the oversized sweater trend and the perfect accompaniment is a cute bralette to show off underneath. I am in love with this one from Free People. The lace detail is gorgeous and the skinny straps give it a very delicate and feminine feel. The only decision now is whether to buy it in black or white. (Or maybe both???)
2. New season calls for some new accessories and I have been eyeing up this watch from MVMT for awhile. I love the clean style of the Boulevard series and the rose gold Malibu just speaks right to my heart. I also love that you can buy different bands to be able to interchange them easily if you want. If you have been in the market for a new watch, I would definitely check out the MVMT site. They pretty much have every combination of face color/band that you could want and they look like they would cost way more than they do.
3. I am obsessed with Sam Edelman shoes. They always carry size 5.5 and they just seem to fit my feet perfectly. These rose velvet flats are perfect for Fall and the studded bow gives them just enough of an edge.
4. One of my favorite things about Fall is being able to wear scarves! Once it gets really cold, I will bust out my giant blanket scarf and my husband will make fun of me because it is literally bigger than I am! Anyway, BP has a ton of lighter weight scarves that are perfect for Fall and aren’t overwhelming to wear. I love the blend of colors in this particular one. The shades of gray and blue make it different than the twenty other plaid scarves that I already own. On a random note, I have really been loving the BP brand from Nordstrom lately. They have a ton of on trend items and their price points are usually pretty affordable. I also love the fit since it runs a little on the bigger side!
5. Here is another giant blanket scarf that I just cannot get enough of, even if my husband makes fun of me. I was obsessed with this scarf last year but it was always sold out when I tried to buy it. I am so excited that it is back this year so I am definitely going to buy it!
Thank you so much for reading our blog! I hope you found some inspiration for your Fall wardrobe!