It’s been almost a year since we started this blog. There have definitely been some ups and downs but I am so grateful for the positive feedback we have received and the amazing people we have met along the way. I did learn something very important, that it is pretty difficult getting into the swing of blogging and vlogging. A lot of work goes into producing content that we are completely satisfied with while still be consistent across our platforms. There have been times where nothing seems good enough to post but you just have to keep chugging along (that is probably the most important lesson I learned this year). With that being said I really wanted to start off 2018 on a positive note and break down my goals for the second year of Mellyns Beauty!
• Work on my photography– our instagram from the beginning has been a mishmash of what ever style I have been feeling at the moment. But in 2018 I really want to create a unique style for our pictures and stick to it. I also want to venture into other types of beauty photography instead of just flatlays. You will hopefully start seeing some swatch pictures and the products actually on me or Lyn.
• Post more & post content we are proud of–this goal is one of the most important to me. Not only is it important that we are posting a variety of content I also want it to be content you guys are interested in. Sometimes its easy to get stuck in ruts and do the same thing over and over. I hope this year we can create more unique and creative content for you guys. We will also be posting videos on Fridays starting this week!
• Put more effort into filming– this has been the hardest thing for me to perfect. I’m hoping in 2018 to finally set up a background and lighting situation that works for our videos with out being distracting (and so you can actually see what we are doing in tutorials).
• Connect with other bloggers– we have discovered and met some amazingly sweet and talented people this past year. These people inspire me to continue to grow with our blog and give some great advice! I’d love to do some collaborative work with some of our favorite bloggers in 2018.
• Stay consistent in my skincare– I have this horrible tendency to buy which ever product is new and being raved about…even skincare. Which doesn’t always work for my skin type and can cause more problems then it solves. In 2018 I want to find products that actually work for my skin type and really stick to a consistent routine. Im hoping this will help clear up any issues with my skin and get it to a place where I don’t feel the need to wear makeup everyday! Obviously I’ll still try to incorporate one or two new things every once in awhile so I can provide you guys with some awesome reviews. But I really hope to cut back on the ambient of skincare I feel the need to buy.
• USE SHIT UP I ALREADY OWN– My main lifestyle goal for myself this year is to reduce the amount of clutter in my life and that includes my makeup. I’ll be the first to admit that I am a pack rat in every sense of the word. I have a really hard time getting rid of most things in my life. I’m trying to solve this problem at its source this year by limiting my self to a “low buy” instead of a “no buy”. I’m really going to focus on my reasoning for buying products and not just purchase them for the thrill of it. I will also be doing a huge project pan in 2018 to try and use up a lot of products that I already own. I am hoping that by focusing on these two initiatives I’ll cut down on some clutter and save myself some money.
• Be more adventurous–2017 was the year where I really found my own makeup stye. And now I pretty much stick to a few variations of the same look. Im hoping that in 2018 I start to step out of my comfort zone and try out some things I have been scared to (first up bold lip colors).
As we progress into 2018 I’m sure some of these goals will sift and evolve but I feel like I have a strong starting point for the new year. I hope you guys have had a wonderful start to 2018 and let me know what some of your goals are!