Affiliate links have become a hot topic for bloggers today. We don’t believe there is anything inherently wrong with affiliate links, but they should be used appropriately. Content has shifted from what a blogger thinks is most interesting to what can make them the most clicks. So we want to take this time to explain our use of affiliate links and how they can be beneficial to both the blogger and the reader! Affiliate links are one of the best ways for a blogger to make money. They don’t clutter the blog up like some ads do, and fit right into the text.
We do use affiliate links, and we try out best not to abuse them. Blogging isn’t our primary source of income. We mostly use them to make a few extra dollars to help with the domain fee to keep the blog up and running. So rest assured that we will never link products just to make money.
AT MELLYNS BEAUTY WE WILL NEVER:
- Use an affiliate link for something we have not purchased.
- Write a post for the sake of using affiliate links.
- Recommend products we don’t love just so that we can link them.
- Hide any affiliate links or be anything less than transparent with our readers.
AT MELLYNS BEAUTY WE DO:
- Use affiliate links for products we us (& love) and believe our readers will love as well.
- Disclose all affiliate links.
Finally, we would like to thank any of our readers who chose to click our affiliate links or purchase through them. Affiliate links are a wonderful way to support your favorite bloggers and we appreciate the support. Even if you don’t purchase, clicking the link gives a small commission usually of a few cents. As always, don’t feel obligated to use them, we want all of our readers to feel comfortable and do what is right for them!